PowerPlay Arena Vaccination Protection Programme
Terms and Conditions
1. PowerPlay Arena Vaccination Protection Programme (“Programme”) is offered by Quickfine Investments Limited (incorporated in Hong Kong with limited liability) (“Organiser”), subject to these Terms and Conditions.
2. The registration period for the Programme starts from the date of these Terms and Conditions and shall expire on 31 August 2021 (both days inclusive) or such other date as may be determined by the Organiser from time to time (“Registration Period”).
Eligibility and Acceptance of Applicant(s)
3. Subject to clause 2 above, all persons satisfying all of the following conditions are eligible to register for the Programme (“Eligible Applicants”):
(a) a person who is a member of PowerPlay Arena(“PPA Membership”)as at 29 July 2021;
(b) a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) holding a valid Hong Kong Permanent
Identity Card OR a non-permanent resident of Hong Kong holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card;
(c) aged 18 or above upon his registration of the Programme within the Registration Period in accordance with his/her Identity Card;
(d) have received two doses of vaccine under the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme implemented by the Hong Kong Government (“Vaccine”) on or before 29 July 2021.
4. An Eligible Applicant may register for the Programme during the Registration Period at https://www.pp-arena.com/post/powerplay-arena-疫苗保障基金. The Eligible Applicant shall provide all the mandatory information requested and make all the mandatory declarations before submitting the electronic registration form.
5. Where an Eligible Applicant has duly registered for the Programme and the Organiser accepts his/her registration, a confirmation email (“Confirmation Email”) will be sent to such Eligible Applicant (“Programme Member”) with a registration number. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser has the sole and absolute discretion to decide whether it accepts an Eligible Applicant’s registration. A Programme Member or the Beneficiary (as defined below) must provide proof of receiving the Confirmation Email in order to enjoy any benefits under the Programme.
Definition of Adverse Event Following Immunization
6. Adverse event following immunization (“AEFI”) has the following meanings:
(a) Any untoward medical occurrence which follows immunisation and which does not necessarily have a causal relationship with the usage of the Vaccine. The adverse event may be any unfavourable or unintended sign, abnormal laboratory finding, symptom or disease.
(b) There are five categories of AEFI: Vaccine product-related reaction, Vaccine quality defect-related reaction, immunisation error-related reaction, immunisation anxiety-related reaction and coincidental event.
(c) The adverse reactions can further be classified as allergic reactions, local reactions such as redness, pain, swelling at inject site; systematic reaction like fever, sepsis, rash, fatigue etc.; and neurological disorders include seizures, encephalopathy, meningitis, encephalitis, brachial neuritis and Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
7. Subject to clause 7A below, if a Programme Member is diagnosed with an AEFI arising from the Vaccine and its complications result in death within 60 days after receiving the last dose of the Vaccine (inclusive of the day of vaccination) (“Protection Period”, and such Programme Member as “Eligible Deceased”), the Organiser shall pay out a one-off lump sum death benefit of HKD1,000,000 (“Benefit”) to the beneficiary specified in the registration form previously submitted by the Eligible Deceased (“Beneficiary”, and any claims for the Benefit made in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are referred to as “Eligible Claims”). For the avoidance of doubt and for the purpose of the Programme, “Vaccine” shall refer to the COVID-19 vaccine received by the Eligible Deceased in accordance with clause 3(d) above on or before 29 July 2021.
7A. Benefit will only be available to the first 20 Eligible Claims received and approved by the Organiser. For the avoidance of doubt, the priority of Eligible Claims shall be determined with reference to the time and date of receipt of the relevant Claim Registration (as defined below) by the Organiser.
8. The Eligible Deceased will not be eligible for the Benefit if his/her death occurs after the Protection Period and/or the expiry of his/her PPA Membership.
9. Any payment(s) associated with this Programme will be subject to applicable laws and the Organiser’s screening procedures to be conducted at the time of claim.
10. The Organiser will not pay the Benefit for the death of a Programme Member that is resulting directly or indirectly from, or caused or contributed (in whole or in part) by other factors unrelated to the Vaccine, including:
(a) any self-inflicted injury or suicide, whether sane or insane, or
(b) terrorist attack using any type of biochemical weapon.
11. The Beneficiary shall provide the registration confirmation email and registered PPA’s membership card and submit the same to the Organiser within 14 working days of the death in person at Shop 205-211A, 214, 216B&217, 2/F, D2 Place TWO, 15 Cheung Shun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon (“Claim Registration”). Upon completion of the Claim Registration, an acknowledgement email (“Claim Registration Email”) will be sent to The Beneficiary with a registration number (“Claim Registration Number”).
12. The Beneficiary shall submit to the Organiser within 6 months from date of death of the Eligible Deceased all of the following supporting documents together with a cover letter making a clear reference to the corresponding Claim Registration Number in person at Shop 205-211A, 214, 216B&217, 2/F, D2 Place TWO, 15 Cheung Shun Street, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon (collectively, “Supporting Documents”):
(a) Identity proof of the Beneficiary
(b) Claim Registration Email
(c) COVID-19 vaccination record of the Eligible Applicant
(d) a proof of diagnosis (confirming that the Eligible Deceased was diagnosed with an AEFI arising from the Vaccine and its
complications result in death during the Protection Period); and
(e) a legal death certificate.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any Beneficiary shall fail to provide all Supporting Documents in accordance with this clause 12, the relevant claim will not and shall not be considered as an Eligible Claim.
13. The Organiser has the sole and absolute discretion to decide whether the Beneficiary has duly made a claim application and/or whether the Beneficiary is entitled to the Benefit.
14. The Organiser reserves the right to alter or terminate the Programme (in whole or in part) and/or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organiser shall be final and conclusive.
15. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree that the Organiser may use and disclose your personal data that the Organiser currently or subsequently holds for the purposes as set out in the Personal Information Collection Statement (Vaccination Protection Programme): https://www.pp-arena.com/vpppics.
These term and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Hong Kong.